Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 PullData Function Not Working

Jump to solution
07-01-2023 06:32 AM
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

We've been using "pulldata" to extract information from a CSV file corresponding to our meter numbers.  The Account, Address, Route, and Seq are auto-filled based on the meter number entered.  This function was working fine since April, however, within the last few weeks Account, Route, and Seq are not added to the form after using the field app.  The field app shows the information populating as it should and the technician submits the collection event.  When we go to retrieve the data in Survey123 on AGO, that data is blank in those columns except Address is carried over correctly.

I've tried republishing the form and that does not work.  There are no visible differences in the Survey123 Connect form since we originally started this process and no extraneous characters from what I can see either.

Our field app version is 3.18.142 and our original survey  was published using 3.13. 

I've attached the csv file that is being referenced for the pull data function along with a screen capture featuring the XLS code.

Any assistance provided would be most welcome.

Thank you, Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JD1016

It looks like there is a data type mismatch that's causing Survey123 to clear the values. What I would suggest is in your XLSForm set the bind::type to int and set the bind::esri:fieldType to esriFieldTypeString. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JD1016

It looks like there is a data type mismatch that's causing Survey123 to clear the values. What I would suggest is in your XLSForm set the bind::type to int and set the bind::esri:fieldType to esriFieldTypeString. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Zach,

Thank you so much for replying over the weekend.

I implemented your suggestion and it worked perfectly!

I still am mystified by why it decided to have an issue after working just fine since April.  No change in the reference CSV was made at all.

Anyway...thank you again.

Jeff

0 Kudos