Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 publishing from Connect hangs with large media folder

03-13-2024 11:03 AM
JayGregory_faa
New Contributor

I'm trying to publish a survey from Survey123 connect and the publishing process hangs (4 hours now).

All I see is the green circle spinning.  

I've isolated this to the media folder, which has about 117 mb of files in it.  If I remove all the files the survey publishes fine.  I'm currently trying to see if there is a #files or size of folder cutoff that causes it to hang, but curious if anyone knows if there are specific limitations here. 

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That is pretty big.  Try to reduce size if you can.  For jpg I have found online reducers work pretty good.  This helped a ton.

one trick is to publish with no files then add them back in and publish seems to work.  You can also try to add a few at a time.  

that said your tablets are really going to struggle with files on that big on download and opening so test that also.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I doubt you are hitting a media folder size limit at only 117 mb. Check out this post where James indicated that 1GB is a reasonable upper limit.

I'd start by looking at your connection speed/quality. Then check is Portal is okay (assuming you are on Enterprise). Then try publishing in stages and see if it works (e.g., slowly add items to the media folder and republish).

0 Kudos