Survey123 Inbox not displaying features

Jump to solution
03-02-2022 03:55 AM
Kimbers
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone

I'm not too sure how to explain this one, so I'll just show you. What I see vs what my user sees, using the same survey

KB100_0-1646221872312.png

KB100_1-1646221991510.jpeg

Why no markers?

All data is shared publicly. They have their location settings turned on. Any ideas? I just know this is going to be something really obvious!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewCarey
Occasional Contributor

I would double-check the settings of the hosted feature layer. If you're the data owner then maybe you're able to do certain things with it that another user can't. It may be a check box buried deep in the settings.

I like to set up a test user that has the same permissions as the field users and then it can be easier to figure it out if you can "see what they see". (Although this may be not quite so relevant if it's publicly shared data but worth bearing in mind). 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello KB100,

My first question would be, how are you hosting your feature that is being displayed in the first screenshot?  

Amanda Bishop, GISP
Kimbers
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda

Thank for your reply. It's a hosted feature layer on ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
MatthewCarey
Occasional Contributor

I would double-check the settings of the hosted feature layer. If you're the data owner then maybe you're able to do certain things with it that another user can't. It may be a check box buried deep in the settings.

I like to set up a test user that has the same permissions as the field users and then it can be easier to figure it out if you can "see what they see". (Although this may be not quite so relevant if it's publicly shared data but worth bearing in mind). 

Kimbers
New Contributor II

Thanks Matthew

I'd checked the settings and sharing but no clues there. 

Test user is a good idea

My user told me that he can now see the Inbox features! So I have no idea what the problem was or how it was resolved - but it all working now!

Thanks both

0 Kudos