Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Inbox Filter on select_one field

Jump to solution
11-03-2017 08:59 AM
EricLussier1
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying the set the inbox filter on a field that is set as a select_one in the form without being able to get the data.

Just for info, In the feature layer (hosted) that field appears as drop-down.

In  the survey123 ArcGIS -> Inbox -> Refresh, I'm getting:

If I do a inbox filter on a text field, I'm able to get the data.

Is there a trick? or is it a bug.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArchitSrivastava1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

There is no such limitation in case of Survey123 and Inbox functionality, the inbox feature works even if it is applied on a "select_one" field. The trick is that the value which is provided as "Query Expression" should be correct. The correct expression should be as follows:

Name of the field in Survey sheet = 'Name of the option on which filter should be applied'

For eg:

Survey sheet:

Choice Sheet:

Choice Sheet

So the "Query Expression"  might look something like this:

field_5='choice0' (If you want to to filter questions where 'Choice0' is selected)

Hope this help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArchitSrivastava1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

There is no such limitation in case of Survey123 and Inbox functionality, the inbox feature works even if it is applied on a "select_one" field. The trick is that the value which is provided as "Query Expression" should be correct. The correct expression should be as follows:

Name of the field in Survey sheet = 'Name of the option on which filter should be applied'

For eg:

Survey sheet:

Choice Sheet:

Choice Sheet

So the "Query Expression"  might look something like this:

field_5='choice0' (If you want to to filter questions where 'Choice0' is selected)

Hope this help!

0 Kudos