Survey123 How to change default publish location?

Jump to solution
03-28-2018 12:10 PM
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS. I have a survey which I originally published in the default location because I did not see any option to choose which folder to publish in.  I moved it to the correct group/folder for my organization so now when I re-publish it ends up in a never ending loop.  If I move it back to my home folder I am able to re-publish.   How do I tell Survey123 which folder I want to publish/re-publish to so I do not have to keep moving it? 

11 Replies
danashney
New Contributor III

User beware. Repointing to the new folder does work. However, if you then delete the survey through Connect the new folder and everything in it will be deleted. I thought I was being smart by moving the survey form into the same folder as the target feature service. Lets keep everything related to this project in the same place, right? I had a need to delete my survey and that folder along with the target feature service a now gone.

I see that there is an idea submitted to allow pointing to an existing folder. The behavior I described might make you think twice about using that option if it were ever implemented. 

jmcewen_rphc
New Contributor II

I recently came across the same issue and have a work around that I have started to utilize that I posted here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/re-publishing-a-survey-keeps-spinning/m-p/1....

Good Luck!

0 Kudos