Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbolise Survey123 Points

Jump to solution
06-29-2023 07:45 PM
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I am using Survey123 Connect to create a survey because users need to be able to update existing points.

Now, the existing points can have different status, such as "open" and "closed". The status is populated in a single field called "status".

How do I symbolise the points based on status? For example, grey colour for "closed" points and blue colour for points with "open" status.

I'm using Survey123 Connect version 3.18.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

No this is not currently possible. The configuration of the map is limited to reference data.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/includemap.htm

There is an enhancement request for additional map support. Please contact technical support and ask for your case to be attached to ENH-000123894. Then you can add your account to the support for this, and be notified of changes.

To achieve what you are after you can:

• Use the Survey123 Inbox filter or target View filter settings, to only show jobs of the desired status. This prevents viewing the other jobs outright.
  • Use ArcGIS Field Maps and custom URLs in combination with Survey123. You can have a more powerful map and symbology, then open the Survey forms via a custom URL scheme passing globalids and other parameters

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

This would be done on the Visualization tab of the item details page of the feature service in question (View and use items—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation) or, alternatively, depending on your use case, in the web map including the layer.

0 Kudos
HenryKo2
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AndreasHall , didn't work, might have missed something. I symbolised the feature service (with existing points data) with the "visualization" tab to a different symbology and saved changes. I then re-downloaded / re-sync the survey on my Android mobile device, but am still seeing the default blue pin on the map with both new and existing points. Any idea?

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Are you referring to the symbology used in the inbox and in the map for already submitted points in Survey123 Mobile App? I´m not sure, but it might be that you have to stick to the default symbology. I found this in the community: Field app symbology for Survey123 - Esri Community

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

No this is not currently possible. The configuration of the map is limited to reference data.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/includemap.htm

There is an enhancement request for additional map support. Please contact technical support and ask for your case to be attached to ENH-000123894. Then you can add your account to the support for this, and be notified of changes.

To achieve what you are after you can:

• Use the Survey123 Inbox filter or target View filter settings, to only show jobs of the desired status. This prevents viewing the other jobs outright.
  • Use ArcGIS Field Maps and custom URLs in combination with Survey123. You can have a more powerful map and symbology, then open the Survey forms via a custom URL scheme passing globalids and other parameters