Survey123 geopoint search prompting sign-in despite being public? (Portal version)

Jump to solution
10-08-2020 06:18 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

I just published a survey that I built in Survey123 Connect (version 3.10.239). I'm using Portal, not AGO. I set everything related to the survey to be shared publicly.

The survey loads find and users can submit data, but there is a problem with the geopoint/map question. I have a standard geopoint map where a user can seach for an address or drop the pin to their location. However, when the user starts to type in an address, a pop-up prompts for a sign-in to my Portal. If you close out of the prompt, you can still search for a point, but after each letter that you type, it prompts for another sign-in. It makes it not functional. All of the geocoders are public, the survey is public, the feature service is public, the web map for the survey is public... what else could be going on - why is it asking for a sign-in that you don't need? When I'm signed-in to the Portal, I don't get the prompt. 

Image attached of the sign-in prompt that pop-ups whenever you try to search for an address. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaitlynPurcell
Esri Contributor

Shelby,

It looks like the request prompting the sign-in is for the World Geocoding Service. If you search Portal for AGO World Geocoder you should find a corresponding item that is not shared publicly. Will you confirm this?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KaitlynPurcell
Esri Contributor

Hi Shelby Roberson

Are you utilizing a custom basemap or does the basemap switcher have any that are not shared publicly?

If you provide a URL to your survey, I can parse through the web traffic to see which request is requiring a token.

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

No custom basemap. The switcher looks like it's using the basemap that is tied to the web map that was automatically created when I made the survey. But, the web map and all of it's contents (just the basemap) are public. I tried switching basemaps and still find the same login prompt. 

0 Kudos
KaitlynPurcell
Esri Contributor

Shelby,

It looks like the request prompting the sign-in is for the World Geocoding Service. If you search Portal for AGO World Geocoder you should find a corresponding item that is not shared publicly. Will you confirm this?

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

You’re a genius! It was shared only with my org - I would have never figured that out. Thank you!!!