Survey123 from Connect Custom Submit Thank You/Redirect

04-17-2019 07:16 PM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

I have a form created using survey123 connect but the data entry (survey data) happens mostly in on the web-app (instead of the field-app) for ease of use as we normally use in-office surveys.  Is there anyway to customize the submit button? Did I read that Version 3.3+ Connect / Survey Web-App allows for custom URL and redirects during Survey123 submit events?  Or is that only for Web-Form designs? 

I want to change the submit message at least to include a custom message or if possible to redirect to a resultant page showing followup map, etc.  

Thank you!

15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jasmin,

There is no plan to support the thank you screen in the field app, this is a web app only feature as we do not have such a post survey completion page to display the message, and for most workflows in the field app it is about taking surveys over and over again as a field worker. So after submitting, the user is returned directly to the survey info page where they can select Collect again, or review the Inbox, Sent or Draft surveys on the device.

Phil.

0 Kudos
Gerhard
New Contributor III

Will the Thank You Screen be supported by the field app in future @Anonymous User? Is there any plan to implement this feature?

Best,

Gerhard
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Gerhard,

There are no current plans to support this in the near future, however we do have a issue in our backlog which we will review.

Regards,

Phil.

Sniffer
New Contributor II

Please allow Survey123 to redirect to a new page once the form is submitted.  This is feature would be extremely helpful for webforms so that Google Analytics can be used to track the success of goals using the redirect to a new web page as a tracer.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the request, it is currently not possible to set a redirect URL on submission so that once a survey is submitted in web app it automatically redirects to a different website instead of the thank you screen. 

Currently the best workaround for this is to put the URL of the website you want to users to be taken to into the thank you screen, and an instruction for them to click the link.

If you would like to see this feature added as an enhancement in the future, I strongly recommend you raise this as an enhancement request with Esri Support and also create an Idea on the ArcGIS Ideas page for Survey123, so other users can also vote for this request.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have paired a workforce project with Survey123. Workers will have to select the survey at assignment option in workforce to answer a few questions in a survey. When the survey is submitted, the app takes them back to the Survey123 home screen. Is there any way to redirect them back to the workforce project to mark the location as complete? OR is it possible to update the status field in Workforce once a survey has been submitted at that location?

0 Kudos