Survey123 Feature Reports error

02-26-2020 12:50 PM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I’m having issues with Survey123 Feature Reports, In particular I’m unable to get images to be included in the generated report.

The hosted feature layer used for Survey123 Feature reports contains around 3000 features that were imported from another Feature Layer( from an old version of a Survey to collect data from affected structures on January earthquake in Puerto Rico). The import was successful, These records preserved their relationships and their attachments.

On the Feature Reports page, it can be appreciated that for the selected feature, photos are available (Attachment1.jpeg)

However, when I use the default template(1), (and a custom made template), photos are not included either on the Preview document(2), nor in the generated document.

For new records collected using survey123, Photos can however be seen both in the Feature Reports page(3), and in generated report samples(4).

ATTACHMENTS

Attachment1     -> Screenshot of Survey123 Feature Reports  Page, demonstrating existence of pictures in the Feature Layer.

(1)                          -> Sample Word Template used for report generation (ATC-20_Inspection_sampleTemplate.docx)

(2)                          -> Preview Document Generated using Survey123 Feature Reports, however pictures are missing. (ATC-20 Inspection_OID8006_20200225162023_sample.pdf)

(3)                          -> Screenshot of Survey123 Feature Reports  Page, demonstrating existence of pictures in the Feature Layer. (Attachment2.jpg)

(4)                          -> Preview Document Generated using Survey123 Feature Reports, but pictures are available. (ATC-20 Inspection_OID9331_20200225165333

Any idea?

Regards,

Diego Llamas

James Tedrick

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Diego,

The original records were collected via Survey123, correct?  How were they migrated to the new feature service?  At a guess, it may be that the tool used to migrate is not aware of attachment keywords, which are used to distinguish one image from another.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello James,

We had a survey with photos, these photos were not on a repeat. So we create a new survey (with the exact same fields) we just add a repeat for certain fields. So we download the data from survey 1 on a FGDB, then using ArcGIS Pro we use the service from Survey 2 and with append tool we upload the data with the photos. 3K points with 24k attachments ( 8 fields with photo option). Then when we check this in survey123.arcgis.com we can see the photos on the right side, but when we create the preview or the actual report (default layout or one we create) we are not able to see photos in it.

Thanks,

DLL

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Diego,

Just to confirm, do you see the photos labeled with the question they were taken with or are they toward the bottom of the preview?  From you description, it does sound like the attachment keywords were stripped as part of the append process.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

Yes, the photo is labeled with the question they were taken.. As you can see the image, the photo is there, if we select one of the 3k points. but the attachment name looks like a date

compere with new points, the photo name is really random and long. as shown on the preview. 

is there a way to correct the attachment keywords to correct it?

Thanks,

DLL

0 Kudos
JoseValdes
New Contributor II

hi 

i have the same situation. but reading here find this other question :  https://community.esri.com/thread/231137-survey123-export-report-photos-not-showing  for me this work around  work. The other thing that is not working now is to print the map point , if i put the map point the report goes in a timeout error.

thanks.

0 Kudos