Survey123 Export Not completing

03-01-2021 09:09 PM
JamesHolland
New Contributor II

Has anyone had Survey123 fail to export? I've been trying to export in every available format and the export wheel animation is all that occurs with no output.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamesHolland ,

Can you please provide more details about the issue?

• Did you export on the Data page of the Survey123 website or export on the feature service item page in ArcGIS Online?
  • Did you observe the issue before the latest February 2021 release?
  • Is your survey published from the Survey123 website or Survey123 Connect?
    • If it is published from Survey123 Connect, would you mind sharing the XLSForm file with us?
0 Kudos
JamesHolland
New Contributor II

Its been with the former not the latter. Yesterday was the first day it was observed. Published from connect.

The issue seems to have resolved itself so ill hold off on the sharing of the form.

0 Kudos
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same issue, I cannot export to CSV from the Survey123 website. Also, I have nightly scripts that run and backup my Survey123 data to CSV which is also failing (previously ran fine in the early AM hours of March 1st, eastern time zone, and for >1 year prior). I have not yet tried other methods. I will try now and report back.

Edit:

The toolbar on the Survey123 site is no longer loading so I can't test any more exports via the S123 page. I just tried a CSV export directly from the hosted feature service and it failed (gave a long error message with code 504).

Edit2:

Trying an excel export directly from hosted feature service. The process seems to be hung, the export does not typically take this long (update - just threw the same 504 error)

@ZhifangWang FYI, looks like this may be a widespread issue. I'm going to submit a support ticket now.

JamesHolland
New Contributor II

Mine seems to have solved itself this morning though I doubt thats of any use.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

@JamesHolland  @RobBlash ,

Thank you both for the update.

We also encountered 50X error a few times today when querying data to ArcGIS Online hosted feature services so it probably be a wider issue. It is helpful to raise a ticket to Esri Support Service.

Please let us know in case if you encounter such an issue consistently.

0 Kudos
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

I am also getting a failure to open the file error for Excel and CSV files.

It is an SDE service (not hosted) on Enterprise 10.8.1 with a survey created in Connect 3.12.

I tried attaching the files to this post but got a similar error!

"Excel cannot open the file 'S123_7c9ce029fb2d4d20a981b5bb4f9cdc0e_EXCEL.xlsx' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file format or file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."

2021-09-16 12_27_37-Earth Resistance Test - Data XLSX Export Failure.png

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RogerFarmer1 ,

Survey123 website utilizes the /export operation in ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise to export survey data. Would you mind trying to export the data from the item details page of the survey layer in ArcGIS Enterprise to see if the issue still occurs? This helps to locate if the issue resides in ArcGIS Enterprise or Survey123.

0 Kudos
JeffHyder
New Contributor III

I am having this problem today will not export in any format. What is the solution? 

0 Kudos
Abdullah_AlFazari
Occasional Contributor

Hi Team,

I'm also experiencing the same issue, any thoughts?

Abdullah_AlFazari_0-1645686619630.png

0 Kudos