Survey123 Error: Initialing Form....

11-01-2018 09:58 AM
MoniqueDulac1
New Contributor

Hi.  I'm trying to open a newly created/published form with arcgis.com but I'm getting this error:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined.

And it shows just my first group header name with back/next buttons

I can open, view and submit data just fine with my mobile device.

Thanks!

13 Replies
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

I am also seeing this error. Were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
FrankMartin1
New Contributor III

I've started seeing this same error message as well.  Any solutions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Monique Dulac‌, ANR GIS‌, Frank Martin

Can you confirm whether or not your surveys were created using Survey123 Connect, and if so, check to see if the information in the following Technical Support BUG applies? 

BUG-000115443: When the Read-Only property is set to Yes in a Surve.. 

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
FrankMartin1
New Contributor III

Here’s a screenshot of the error message I’m getting.

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Brandon Armstrong

I am also seeing this issue with Survey 123 Connect version 3.3.51 although we do not have any Read-Only properties set to "Yes". Any update on this issue?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda,

If you do not have any 'read only' questions in your survey then the cause is likely different than the one mentioned in the referenced Technical Support BUG.  Can you please provide us with your XLSForm so that we can take a look?

Thanks,

Brandon

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Brandon Armstrong‌, 

Absolutely! Please see the attached XLS form. It's a fairly simple form too.  

Thanks, 

Amanda

(Not allowing me to add the attachment here so I just added it to AGOL for now)  https://trpd.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/97994f425265403586bd942ddcb66a89/data  

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Brandon Armstrong‌, 

I did a little more troubleshooting today with the survey and it appears that my setting for a "Multiline" appearance on a Note type field is what's throwing the error message. Is this not a supported combination?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Amanda Huber‌ That is what is causing the issue. 

A note type question with multiline appearance is the same as a read-only text question with multiline appearance. While not the exact same behavior as the one mentioned in the BUG above, we do have this recorded as an issue in our backlog (as encountered here https://community.esri.com/message/843751

I will add your encounter to the issue and update this thread when we have results from the investigation.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos