Survey123 Connect Stuck on "updating survey form package"

09-18-2019 04:01 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi There

There seems to be a few posts about this but nothing that really helps in my case.

I have a survey that has reasonable long  choice and external_choices lists as well as 2 csv tables in the media folder for pulldata operations.

Up until a few days ago I have had no issues with them (both my dev and prod versions), I was make small adjustments and republishing without any issues.  Then the other day I made one small change, changing a text field to hidden, then when I tried to republish it just seemed to get stuck on "updating survey form package".

I am publishing to our own Enterprise Portal, I hadn't moved the form or Hosted feature layer out of the folder, and there is no hosted view in there either.

Out of desperation I completely recreated my Dev version and it published fine...the first couple of times.  I then just added a thumbnail image and now its doing the same thing again.

The log file shows this:

<10>1 2019-09-18T22:40:22Z ENVIT219192 Survey123ConnectforArcGIS 16312 - [AppStudio@11205 category="PortalRequest" function="onFailed" filename="PortalRequest.qml" line="99"] PortalRequest: PortalRequest failed: url https://environment.geohub.sa.gov.au/portal/sharing/rest/content/users/croberts/ea7b0c69e72e4f9daa77e9a349cd2d80/items/f648e57e23684f379dc4f807cda59184/update error {
"code": 500,
"message": "Internal Server Error"
}

The item id matches the form id in the folder in my Portal, so it exists.

The only other thought I had was a timeout, however, I have a number of other surveys (albeit without as many choice lists in them) and they all publish fine.

Portal version 10.7

Survey123 Connect version  3.5.166

I'm stuck any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Based on the error, it does look like there is an issue updating the form on your Portal.  If possible, could you work with your Portal Admin to look at Portal's logs and see if there are any errors present? 

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

Thanks James

I checked the Portal logs and it didn't show anything unusual.  Strangely, I attempted to republish the same surveys on Monday and they went through fine without any problems, and I made other changes and they still published.  So not sure what us happening, whether its some publishing admin task that's not being released and is only cleared up when the servers are recycled in an evening?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

It could be the publishing GP tasks got hung - that would fit the description of the error and that the service reset addressed it.  If you see this again, you may want to raise a support ticket.

0 Kudos
HALOTrust
New Contributor II

Did you move the form to a new folder in Portal/ArcGIS Online?  Move the form back to its original folder and it will publish. 

Jesse

ChrisRoberts2

Hi Jesse

As I mentioned in my original post, I hadnt moved the form or the service.  Turned out that an update to 10.7.1 fixed the issue.

0 Kudos