Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect - Recently updated survey not publishing

01-03-2024 03:14 AM
DuncanG
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

I recently changed the ownership of an existing Survey123 Connect survey and now need to publish a couple of changes. When I go to publish the changes the survey gets stuck on and doesnt move past this screen: 

DuncanG_0-1704280323962.png

I saw a post on her from a few years ago suggesting I need to update the ITEMINFO File with a new ownerfolder location, but this reverts back to 'null' whenever I attempt to publish. 

Any help on this would be great! Thanks!

DuncanG_1-1704280443747.png

3 Replies
migforst6
New Contributor III

Hi Duncan,

I had this issue just a couple of days ago and looked for the ID of the folder in which the Survey123 Form's Service is kept in AGOL. When you find this change the ID in the ItemInfo file and then, publish.

It is important just in case that you backup the files stored in the Feature Service before doing the process.

Hope this works!

0 Kudos
DuncanG
New Contributor III

Hey thanks for getting back to me, any chance you could give me some screen shots of what you did? Im not sure Im doing the right thing here. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

First Connect must be closed for this to work so close Connect.

Second create a folder with the exact same name as the old folder but in your user account.  Look at the top of the AGOL page to get the ID of the folder itself after you create it. (everything in AGOL has a ID just look in the URL)

Then in the INFO file you need to edit these fields to add your username and the folder id above.  Save and close.

"owner": "change to your username",
"ownerFolder": "49e0cf24c",

Then reopen Connect and it should find it.

0 Kudos