Select to view content in your preferred language

Can Data from a QR Code Populate 2 Fields (Name & Email)?

12-30-2023 11:53 AM
GFA_Nonprofit
New Contributor II

We've created a survey for volunteers to capture data. Each volunteer will receive a QR code that is specific to that individual, and will contain their full name and email address.

I'm interested in populating 2 fields in Suvey123 - name and email. Is it possible to create one QR code per volunteer, and extract these 2 fields (name & email)?

These fields will be of varying length. I've tried susbtr(${barcode},0,40), figuring there is no name that would be over 40 characters in length, and then susbtr(${barcode},41,80), again, figuring there is no email over 40 characters long. This did not seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

When creating the QR code, I typed the name, Joe Docket (with 30 spaces following the last letter in the name), and then typed the email address.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

How are you making the QR Codes? Id format the URL the same as a normal URL parameter and then toss that into something like QRStudio (aka, a third party QR maker that accepts URLs. There are free options). 

0 Kudos
GFA_Nonprofit
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. I realized what I was doing wrong. I was following the code @Ismael presented in the blog, Understanding Barcode Questions in ArcGIS Survey123. In his example he uses susbtr(${..., when it should be substr...

Thanks again,
Sage

0 Kudos