Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect - Dynamic filter for repeats

Jump to solution
04-20-2023 08:18 AM
Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, my research on dynamic filters in repeats did not result in what I was looking for, so I'll try it here :).

The idea is to open a survey in edit mode. You could do this with an activated inbox.

If I now open a submission, the form consists of a drop-down menu with the values A, B and C and a repeat section, where the values A, B and C can also be entered in a field. Assuming there are 100 entries in the repeats section. 30 of them are entered with A, 70 with B and 0 with the value C. Based on the selection in the drop-down menu outside the repeat, I now want to filter the repeats so that I don't see all 100. Is this possible?

I've read that you can limit repeats using the query parameter in Esri::Binds::Parameters, but I haven't managed to do it dynamically yet. Is this even possible?

Any hints are appreciated.

Best regards
Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Sven_Harpering  Unfortunately, what you want to do is not possible. The query parameter of your repeat is used when the record is initially downloaded into the Inbox, not when the record is loaded into the form. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Sven_Harpering  Unfortunately, what you want to do is not possible. The query parameter of your repeat is used when the record is initially downloaded into the Inbox, not when the record is loaded into the form. 

Sven_Harpering
Esri Contributor

Hi @IsmaelChivite,

thank you for the information :).

Best

Sven

Passionate about GIS and on the journey as an instructor for analytical insights.
0 Kudos