Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey creating two feature layers

Jump to solution
04-21-2023 01:54 AM
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!

I have recently realised that my surveys started to create two different featured layers. They both have the same name (like the survey), but one has an added "_results" at the end. They seem to be identical. Can anyone tell me why that is happening? 

The surveys were designed in Connect and I was wondering if I added something wrong somewhere in the XLS form.

When viewed in AGOL, this is a difference I can see:

IlkaIllers1_0-1682067649767.png

IlkaIllers1_1-1682067660767.png

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeonS
by

The feature layer ending in "_results" is a data view that points back to the other feature layer and has limited privileges for those you want to share the results of the survey with

From the ArcGIS Survey123 Resources page:

The What data can viewers see options allow you to choose whether viewers can see all records submitted to the survey or only their own submissions. The default is to allow viewers to see all records.

Saving the settings in the Share results section creates a hosted feature layer view named SurveyName_results (previously named SurveyName_stakeholder), which controls access to the survey's results. You can use this hosted feature layer view in other view-only applications such as ArcGIS StoryMaps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonS
by

The feature layer ending in "_results" is a data view that points back to the other feature layer and has limited privileges for those you want to share the results of the survey with

From the ArcGIS Survey123 Resources page:

The What data can viewers see options allow you to choose whether viewers can see all records submitted to the survey or only their own submissions. The default is to allow viewers to see all records.

Saving the settings in the Share results section creates a hosted feature layer view named SurveyName_results (previously named SurveyName_stakeholder), which controls access to the survey's results. You can use this hosted feature layer view in other view-only applications such as ArcGIS StoryMaps.

IlkaIllers1

Thank you, that is good to know.

0 Kudos