Survey123 calculating geopoint defaults back to GPS

Jump to solution
08-07-2018 07:28 AM
AndySchmidt
New Contributor II

I am having an issue with Survey123 calculating a geopoint  which defaults back to GPS location.  I am using Collector to launch the survey and pass values to the survey including a Latitude and longitude value then calculating the geopoint using concat(string(${LATITUDE}), ' ', string(${LONGITUDE})).  It initially takes the calculated point then zooms to my current device GPS location.  I can get the location back by pressing the refresh button on the map in survey123. This worked in the past but with the recent updates in version 3.0 this is no longer working for me.  I want it to default to the calculated location so it shows the location of the asset vs the location of the device where the survey is taken at

Defaults to device GPSAfter pressing the refresh button it changes to the calculated X,Y from above

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andy,

To pass the location to be used in the map, you should use the center=<lat>,<lon> parameter instead of calculating from fields.  That being said, I do see the behavior you are describing and will file an issue to fix.

View solution in original post

ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

In my form I have a geopoint field called "inspectionLocation" and then two fields that capture the coordinates through the calculation column:

inspectionY:	pulldata("@geopoint", ${inspectionLocation},"y")

inspectionX:	pulldata("@geopoint", ${inspectionLocation},"x")‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

And then I pass that into a geopoint row in the repeat once again through the calculation column:

${inspectionY} + " " +${inspectionX}‍

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Andy,

To pass the location to be used in the map, you should use the center=<lat>,<lon> parameter instead of calculating from fields.  That being said, I do see the behavior you are describing and will file an issue to fix.

ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Hi James Tedrick, I am having the same issue, however, I am already using center = (lat, long) to pass the coordinates from collector to survey123, but now need to once again pass the same coordinates to a related table (repeat) within the survey. I tried to do so using a similar "concat" to the above, but it doesn't work (it actually seems to be working when testing in the survey123 connect app, but then doesn't work in the actual (iphone) app. Is there a fix/workaround for this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chaim

Are you using the pulldata('@geopoint') function as part of the calculation?  This sounds similar to an issue that is being worked on.  We will be releasing a release to the early adopter community that should address this soon (3.4.119); could I ask you to test once it's available?

0 Kudos
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I am using the pulldata("@geopoint", ${....},"y") function. I also saw elsewhere that there is a more general issue with coordinates not auto-captured in related tables, so perhaps this is a related issue. If this is to be addressed in a short release that is great news, and I will certainly be happy to test.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chaim,

The updated versions are now available at the Early Adopter Community.

ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Works like a charm!! Tested on the windows version since IOS is still pending. Thank you for this this is great!! 

JuulDaemen
New Contributor

Hi Chaim,

Looks great! And exactly like what I'm looking for.
I'm still wondering how you managed to use the x and y fields as input in the geopoint field in the XLSX?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

In my form I have a geopoint field called "inspectionLocation" and then two fields that capture the coordinates through the calculation column:

inspectionY:	pulldata("@geopoint", ${inspectionLocation},"y")

inspectionX:	pulldata("@geopoint", ${inspectionLocation},"x")‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

And then I pass that into a geopoint row in the repeat once again through the calculation column:

${inspectionY} + " " +${inspectionX}‍

Hope that helps.

JuulDaemen
New Contributor

Thanks Chaim, it works perfectly now!

0 Kudos