Survey not sending when using callback

Jump to solution
07-05-2021 06:20 PM
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm noticing that my surveys aren't submitting when using a callback to Field Maps, unless I return to Survey123 and let it finish sending.

When I tap Send Now, it immediately takes me back to Field Maps but doesn't send the survey. When I return to Survey123, even after several minutes, it sends the survey. So it's like it "pauses" until Survey123 is once again the active application.

I'm using the following callback link on iOS. Is there something I'm missing? 

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=12345678901234567890123456789012&field:site_id={site_id}&field:incoming={parentglobalid}&field:work_request_id={work_request_id}&field:request_date={request_date}&field:revisit_reason={revisit_reason}&callback=https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JosephRhodes2,

This is a known issue with 3.12 release due to the way background services are now handled, it has been logged as BUG-000138381 and there are a few other posts on this issue. Good news, the issue has already been fixed in 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community, and the fix will be available in the 3.13 release.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JosephRhodes2,

This is a known issue with 3.12 release due to the way background services are now handled, it has been logged as BUG-000138381 and there are a few other posts on this issue. Good news, the issue has already been fixed in 3.13 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community, and the fix will be available in the 3.13 release.

Regards,

Phil.

JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Phil!

ColinBergmann
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User 

Hi Phil, As of June 2022, this issue does not seem to have been fixed. We are experiencing the exact same issue that joseph described below. Can you please provide an update as to the status of this bug? Thanks.

0 Kudos