Hosted Feature Layer (point) and Related Tables Not Working in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
06-19-2022 04:59 PM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello

I have a group of three surveys linked to one hosted feature layer (point) via the GlobalID of the feature layers and ParentGlobalID captured via Field Maps when users click on the points in the field. This was all set up using one large survey with repeats.

I am trying to create some online maps with the data for each of the surveys linked to the points to be used in a data dashboard and web application. When I open the feature layer in Map Viewer I can see which points have associated tables based on the three surveys as below. Note, I have opened in Map Viewer Classic because I thought that I might need to join the tables to the feature layer.

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 4.32.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 4.32.50 PM.png

If I click on Show I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 4.33.08 PM.png

But, if I look on the Survey123 website, I can see that the records are there and everything seems to be playing nice together:

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 4.34.43 PM.png

But then I notice if I try and open the data in Map Viewer from the Survey123 website, nothing shows up:

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 4.53.39 PM.png

I tried to open it in new Map Viewer and get a weird warning message:

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 4.56.37 PM.png

Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Again, I am trying to create a web map for each of the three surveys (tables) with the appropriate points that will be used in a dashboard and web mapping application that will need to update whenever a new point or record is collected.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GarrettRSmith

Hello @ZacharySutherby and @DougBrowning.

Instead of opening the point layer, I opened the entire feature layer in Map Viewer Classic. The points and tables were present and I performed a join to create view feature layers for each of the tables. People have collected data after performing this task and the points are updating on their associated online maps.

Not sure why I did not try this originally but thank you so much for the tips.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GarrettRSmith

If you check the settings for the feature service is Update or Delete enabled? 

ZacharySutherby_0-1655746346893.png

If Update and Delete are disabled then Query will be disabled on the feature service. With query disabled the map viewer will not be able to access the data. 

Thank you,
Zach
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Note the new map viewer still does not support relationship classes at all.  You will have to stick with Classic.

Note sure what you issue is though.

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith

Hello @ZacharySutherby and @DougBrowning.

Instead of opening the point layer, I opened the entire feature layer in Map Viewer Classic. The points and tables were present and I performed a join to create view feature layers for each of the tables. People have collected data after performing this task and the points are updating on their associated online maps.

Not sure why I did not try this originally but thank you so much for the tips.

0 Kudos