Survey data not linking to feature layer

03-12-2019 08:13 AM
ChristinaHoddinott1
Occasional Contributor

Okay let me outline my goal, what I've done, and what isn't working.

Goal:

I have a Buildings hosted feature layer. This includes a polygon buildings feature and several related tables that are linked based off a Building_ID field.

I also have a survey about housekeeping for the buildings. There is a question for the user to select which building they are answering the survey about, based on the same Building_ID.

I want to be able to select a building in the map, select Related Data from the pop-up and be able to view the survey data for that building (and that building only).

What I've Done:

I followed this post Working with existing Feature Services in Survey123 for ArcGIS to publish a survey on top of a feature service. So I created a point feature class to the same FGDB and map as the Building feature class in ArcMap (we'll call this layer Survey).

I created all the fields and domains, etc. that I want to be in the survey. I ensured all layers had a GlobalID and that Survey had a GUID. I created a 1-M relationship class between Buildings and Survey, based on the GlobalID and GUID. Published all this to AGOL.

In Survey123 Connect, I created a new survey from a Feature Service, choosing the Buildings feature service. the survey works just fine and the data is appropriately added to the Survey feature layer.

Question:

The Survey layer data is not actually linked to a building. I want the survey data to be linked to each individual building in the Building layer, preferably based off the Building_ID field (as mentioned). Can I do this? If so, how? 

I have very little experience the GlobalIDs and GUIDs, they don't really make much sense to me, and I can't seem to find a good resource that explains them and how I can make them work in relating data, so if you have something that might be of help, that'd be great too. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christina,

Is the survey table in the same feature layer/feature service as the building layer, or is it a separate item?  If the latter, you can't directly link it in the ArcGIS Online environment as related records.  You could create some building/survey summarizations using Join Features—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS or Summarize Within—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS .

0 Kudos