Survey and Report Formatting

08-08-2019 11:35 AM
ChrisMontague-Breakwell
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey123 to generate feature reports for inspections of construction sites. I want my feature reports to have red bold font for failure to meet standards, e.g. Failure to maintain stormwater pond. However, because I'm relying on the survey's answers to populate the feature report, I'm not able to figure out a way to pass text formatting from the survey to the feature report. I can make the text in the survey bold and red using HTML tags, but that doesn't translate to the feature report; instead the feature report just is populated with the text of the HTML tag. Does anyone have a solution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

One way to get around the HTML issue would be to use a conditional (${if ...}) statement to show the text in the formatting you want if the appropriate choice is selected.  See the 'Conditional Elements' section in Feature report templates—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more information.

0 Kudos
ChrisMontague-Breakwell
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I've used conditional elements but don't understand how I would use it to format text. Can you give me an example of an ${if... } statement used to format text?

0 Kudos