Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 Report Selected syntax

Tuesday
AudraPayne1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

This is my first time trying something like this in the 'summary section'. I need all locations, which have been selected out in the survey 123 website to show up on this map. I thought I got it to work but it doesn't seem to be working as I needed it to. Now I have changed my methods. I have attached a screenshot of what I currently have in the syntax.

Thank you in advance!

AudraPayne1_0-1729022594421.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Haven't tested myself, but have you tried the new mapFilters parameter? More info here.

0 Kudos
AudraPayne1
Occasional Contributor

I have tested it, this is what I used 

AudraPayne1_0-1729088743947.png

This is what I used and it worked besides the select function. it's just displaying all of them and I need just one of them

AudraPayne1_1-1729088772976.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

From the Summary Section blog post:

abureaux_0-1729090784172.png

However, this was the blog post I was thinking of. It isn't necessarily related to Summary Sections directly, but it is about displaying specific content in Feature Report maps. May not work for your use-case though.

0 Kudos
AudraPayne1
Occasional Contributor

I have seen the disclaimer before. Ahh okay, so far no luck with it. I was hopeful. I reached out to esri but no luck either there 

0 Kudos
AudraPayne1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

This is my first time trying something like this in the 'summary section'. I need all locations, which have been selected out in the survey 123 website to show up on this map. I thought I got it to work but it doesn't seem to be working as I needed it to. Now I have changed my methods. I have attached a screenshot of what I currently have in the syntax.

Thank you in advance!

AudraPayne1_0-1729022594421.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

You made this post two days ago. Link for clarity.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

There is no reason to suggest that what you are attempting will work in regards to 'selected' features. 

Summary Sections don't support maps as @abureaux has identified.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-summary-sections-i...

The only interaction I can see within Summary sections is that '!important' refers to all surveys. There's no indication that you can refer to the selected features generating the report and I would again not expect this to work within the map if it's not supported within the summary section.

If you include the map outside of the summary section you have some options such as:

• Put the question (point) on a map
  • Use a custom map and print the question (point) on this map
  • Display multiple features from the same question on a map using where to filter them.
  • Filter features in other layers in the custom map

For more info and examples on each of these please see this blog post:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-print-web-maps-in/...

All of these interactions would be entirely independent of the active selection when generating the report.

0 Kudos