Survey 123 Repeats with Many Point Records

Jump to solution
03-31-2022 10:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am working on a public facing project where users sign up an agriculture field for service. The customer information is held in a table that is related to an agriculture field point layer. My idea is for the customer to use Survey123 to fill out their information and then place a point on the map for each agricultural field they would like to sign up for service. Each point would have notes and an image attachment associated with it. I am trying to do this in Survey123 but having a hard time pulling it off using repeats. Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this work?

jim_noble_0-1648745884519.png

Alternatively, I started working on this project using a public facing Field Map. My problem there was I could not figure out how to set up the map to make the entries only visible by the individual entering the information. For example, I don't want other folks using the Field Map to be able to see all the agricultural fields signed up for service.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thank you!

-Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I must not understand because what you have here will let you add 20 repeats.  In the form they hit the plus button to add more.  Fix the fields and publish and you will see how it works.  I would check out the help here  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformrepeats.htm 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

First thing your field names are too long.  That is what the green box is telling you.  Limit if 31 chars due to SQL Lite.  Also above this you are using Date - the is reserved word.

DougBrowning_0-1648751049547.png

DougBrowning_1-1648751172610.png

The rest looks ok but wont get far with the errors.  Note Field Maps is not free for the public to use so prob not going to work here unless you license them.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

Thanks for this. I am not throwing any errors for the things you are describing and the survey works as shown. Maybe it is because these layers are on an SDE and then put on AGOL through our non-federated server? However, my main question is still unanswered. I'd like to be able to place many points within this survey123. Any idea how I can accomplish that?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes it may kinda work for now but it will go bad on you trust me.  You will get weird errors or it will change the names on you.  Not worth fighting it.

On the rest this should work not sure what the issue is?  Note the repeat will be a diff layer of course.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think we understand one another about the repeat question. I don't just want to take one point with notes and photo but many points. So one customer entry related to many point features each point having a notes field and an attachment. With the current design I just have one customer with one ag field in the related table, but i want one customer with many ag fields in the related table. Hopefully that makes sense? Do you know if Survey123 is capable of doing this?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I must not understand because what you have here will let you add 20 repeats.  In the form they hit the plus button to add more.  Fix the fields and publish and you will see how it works.  I would check out the help here  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformrepeats.htm 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Doug, will do.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doug you're a genius. I didn't realize they had to hit the plus button at the bottom to add the next point. it's working now. I'll fix those name errors to polish it up some more. Thanks for your help!