Survey 123 Publish stuck on "Getting form information"

Jump to solution
01-22-2020 04:55 AM
AlexChen
New Contributor III

On XLSForm spreadsheet, I have a "begin repeat" section for multiple entries of resemble questions.  There is a geopoint component in the "begin repeat" section. This can be published from Survey 123 to ArcGIS Online My Survey. Everything was fine. However, if I added one more component within the "begin repeat" section, publish failed.

The publish process was stuck at "Get form information".

XLSForm

publish fails

How can I get this working?

Tags (1)
18 Replies
SitKlin
New Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Any word from 123 on when this will be fixed.  Been a few years now.  It has become a bigger and bigger hurtle when i start having so many tempbug fields.

thanks

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for this thread, I've had two surveys this morning with the same issue. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it just me or did this trick stop working?   I have 3.11 and adding an extra to the main is no longer working.

thanks

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug,

This is already logged as BUG-000113652 and the status of it has not changed for the 3.11 release.

If the previous workaround you have you used in the past is no longer working, another way you can add the new field to the repeat (related table/layer) is to add the field in AGO or Enterprise directly to the related table/layer via the rest endpoint or using the tools in AGO or Pro, and then simply add the same field to the the XLSForm in the name column with same field type etc.

Regards,
Phil.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Update this is fixed in 3.13 but have not tested it yet.

GrantZ
by
New Contributor III

I'm on 3.12 and the fix of adding a hidden field outside of the repeat no longer seems to be working. Will try the above mentioned fix of editing the repeat manually in AGOL.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @GrantZ,

That is expected, currently in 3.12 adding a question to the repeat will hang, and even adding a question to the parent at same time also causes issues. This has now been fixed in 3.13 beta, which is available on EAC and will be released in coming months.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
GrantZ
by
New Contributor III
Thanks Phil! The workaround mentioned further above of adding the fields directly to the layer/table and then building the survey with those field names is working. Glad to hear it's fixed in 3.13!
0 Kudos