Survey 123 - formatting when printing surveys

04-06-2022 08:42 PM
KyleSmiley
New Contributor II

Hey there GIS community,

I'm trying to print individual records from a survey I created from the Survey 123 website. When I do a print preview, for example, my hidden conditional statements print as "rcc_f false" or "rcc_f true". When I view the completed survey after filling it in, it lists the actual string that I want. but for some reason it prints a true/false statement when trying to print records. Is there a way to format the survey results to show the actual string? I looked into using feature report templates but that's not available to our organization at this time. Could it be done with some kind of calculation? It may be easier than I think and I'm still doing web courses for Survey 123 but was asked to find a solution soon. 

Thanks everyone,

Kyle S

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

When you say "print individual records", what do you mean exactly if you aren't able to use feature reports?

Some screenshots or seeing your XLS form might help 🙂

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
KyleSmiley
New Contributor II

In the survey 123 website, you can select an individual record in the table and print the results. All of this is on my work computer and I don't have survey123 on this PC. I'll have to see if I can get those screenshots and XLS later today.

I attached a screenshot showing a record selected. In the right, there is a print option. You can see that the info is listed on the right side of the screen as a heading with the question answer underneath, but I want to change this to print something else instead of saying "true". The XLS is also attached.

EDIT: this probably has to do with formatting in the table (calculating the fields?) or a calculation in the XLS, just not sure how to do it.

0 Kudos