Survey 123 Field App issue with unprompted scrolling / jumping to another part of the form; 3.19.120 (feb 29 update)

Jump to solution
03-03-2024 08:19 AM
WetherbeeDorshow
New Contributor III

We recently (Feb 29) started having issues with the Survey 123 Field App on Windows 10 (3.19.120) with a specific form that was working fine previously. We tested this on multiple computers with the same result. Once an image question in the form is populated (e.g. a signature), when a user clicks on any text question (multiline or no appearance setting), the form will scroll/jump to a different part of the form. With each jump, the cursor remains in the question clicked, but the view of the form resets to show the section of the form with the populated image/signature question. This requires the user to scroll back up to the clicked question to populate the question. This behavior does not occur when the signature question is left blank. The same issue does not occur with the latest version of the field app on android or ipad. 

I also tested this on a version of the same form without the grid theme, and the problem persists.

Problem also occurs on iOS field app as well after the Feb 29 update (3.19.120).

Tags (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Support just told me that they have logged a new bug for this issue, BUG-000165581- Survey123 form jumps or scroll to the image or signature questions.

I am unable to locate the bug details when searching support, but I will update this when I get more info.

View solution in original post

ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all, 

We received early clearance from our certification team late Friday evening. At that time the version with the fix applied was pushed to the app stores and is now available. The version with the fix is 3.19.121 and is available on Apple, Google, and Microsoft store.  

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

21 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

We are also having the same issue with photos. iOS and Android devices, 3.19.120.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

@IsmaelChivite is this a known issue or are you able to provide an update? 

Thanks, Chris

RobBlash

I am having the same issue with all of my many surveys. I currently have a support ticket open with Esri (03567308). The initial response was to assign an old 2016 bug to the problem, however this is a new problem because the issue didn't show up until last weeks v3.19.120 update. On Friday I pushed back on support to review this further and I am awaiting an update.

As mentioned above, the form unexpectedly jumps back to a photo once a photo has been attached and there is further interaction with the form.

Edit: See attached video showing the same behavior that @WetherbeeDorshow has shown in their video.

RobBlash

Support just told me that they have logged a new bug for this issue, BUG-000165581- Survey123 form jumps or scroll to the image or signature questions.

I am unable to locate the bug details when searching support, but I will update this when I get more info.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If anyone reading this issue is impacted by the bug, please contact technical support so your organization is attached to the bag. Just put in a request saying please attach us to BUG 00016581.

If it's impacting you majorly like it is me, please also consider escalating the defect via My Esri:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/escalate-a-bug-000024129#

RobBlash

@ChristopherCounsell wrote:

If anyone reading this issue is impacted by the bug, please contact technical support so your organization is attached to the bag. Just put in a request saying please attach us to BUG 00016581.

If it's impacting you majorly like it is me, please also consider escalating the defect via My Esri:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/escalate-a-bug-000024129#

This is great advice, the more impact visible to Esri the greater the likelihood that it is fixed quickly. I always try to frame it as number of surveys impacted and number of users impacted to help drive the point home about how disruptive the bug is.

I'm also working with some other Esri contacts to hopefully expedite a fix.

JuliaKendall
New Contributor

Yes - we are having the same issue and it is impacting us majorly. 

Unfortunately, we don't have an ESRI Support Account so we can't escalate bugs. 

If you can, we greatly appreciate all help.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If you have an ESRI product you should have access to lodge a support case. Your GIS Manager or IT should have an ESRI account setup to access My ESRI. If they don't, chase up with your account manager to get the appropriate person invited.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @WetherbeeDorshow @JuliaKendall @RobBlash

@ChristopherCounsell is correct BUG-000165581 is logged for this behavior. The Survey123 team is aware of the issue and have identified the cause that resulted in the behavior. We don't have an explicit timeline at this point but is actively being worked on. When we have a more solidified timeline for the fix we'll keep the Esri Community thread updated. 

Thank you,
Zach