Survey 123 Field App issue with unprompted scrolling / jumping to another part of the form; 3.19.120 (feb 29 update)

Jump to solution
03-03-2024 08:19 AM
WetherbeeDorshow
New Contributor III

We recently (Feb 29) started having issues with the Survey 123 Field App on Windows 10 (3.19.120) with a specific form that was working fine previously. We tested this on multiple computers with the same result. Once an image question in the form is populated (e.g. a signature), when a user clicks on any text question (multiline or no appearance setting), the form will scroll/jump to a different part of the form. With each jump, the cursor remains in the question clicked, but the view of the form resets to show the section of the form with the populated image/signature question. This requires the user to scroll back up to the clicked question to populate the question. This behavior does not occur when the signature question is left blank. The same issue does not occur with the latest version of the field app on android or ipad. 

I also tested this on a version of the same form without the grid theme, and the problem persists.

Problem also occurs on iOS field app as well after the Feb 29 update (3.19.120).

Tags (3)
22 Replies
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

I've tested on an iPad this morning and the issue appears to be fixed. I am assuming it's working as expected on iPhone too, but I'm waiting on an iPhone user to come online so I can bug them to test it.

JoeEastman1
New Contributor II

I literally just had a gentlemen come to me with this same issue and I could not figure out what was going on. A quick google search brought me here and to learn of the update pushed on 3/16. Updated Survey123 on his phone and everything is back to working properly. This was on an Android device. Thank you everyone and Esri for the help!

m3
by
Occasional Contributor II

I'm experiencing this on the web version where the map question is taking focus of the browser and scrolling down to the map question

0 Kudos