Survey 123 exporting label instead of name

02-04-2021 04:07 AM
PaulG
by
New Contributor II

How can I export data with variable names instead of labels?. Currently, Am getting a mixture of names and labels based on the data type.

The downloaded file has labels except for select_one data type, it has names. I would like everything to be name..

Thanks...

3 Replies
BCTEnterprise
New Contributor II

I have a similar issue. My select_one field returns labels in the data table instead of names from the choice list. The labels contain formatting syntax for display in the Survey 123 app, which are not relevant for the data values I require. 

E.g. the name in the choice list is 'A', and the label is '<b>A)</b> 5 x 20m transects'

I want the value recorded in the database and visible in the attribute table (in ArcGIS Online) to be the name value of just 'A'.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JessicaShue
New Contributor II

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have the same situation as explained by @BCTEnterprise; I want the label 'level 2: 26-50%' to display for users, but the name '2' to be exported in the data. 

I've found solutions for the column names here and here, but not for the data/choices. The setup in the XLS file seems quite deceptive in this regard. I have a lot of codes people can choose from that can be hard to memorize, so having the label display while the name is exported in the data is really helpful. I've used other form building software that does this, so I'm a bit confused why this doesn't appear to work as the description of 'name' and 'label' indicates.

0 Kudos
JelliBee
New Contributor

I am also looking for a solution to this. Has anyone figured it out?

0 Kudos