Site inspections over time using Survey123

05-11-2022 09:34 PM
JeetzPatel
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I am putting together a Survey123 form for local council. They want to record and monitor areas where they own Green Infrastructure (Swales, Wetlands, Permeable Paving and Bioretention). They have provided a set of questions that are common to each GI type and questions that are relevant only to specific GI types. They also have a set of questions for each GI area that they map which covers the condition of the area, which will be used for monitoring and maintenance purposes.

The issue I have is that they want to revisit the same GI locations on a yearly basis and record how the conditions for each GI area changes over the course of a year. Currently I have a question that asks the user to specify the year of the assessment which opens up a repeat (with a repeat count of 1) that contains the condition assessment questions. I understand though that this is clunky and may not work in the field.

I was thinking of setting up a Web App that users can take out into the field and with a custom popup that opens the Survey123 for only the conditional assessment. In other words, have the users populate the common questions and GI specific questions using one Survey123 form, and then switch to the Web App and use the custom pop up to open a separate survey for the conditional questions that points to the same feature service using the Form_ID and submission URL to point the condition survey to the first survey. But doesn't seem user friendly.

If anyone has some suggestions that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Survey123 Connect Version: 3.14.274

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandiRank22
Esri Contributor

Have you considered using Field Maps for this workflow?  You are able to "pass" dates using Arcade so that the user does not need to enter the date.  You can also set up the form in such a way to honor "conditional formating" - if the answer is "yes", show the following questions, if no, do not display.

0 Kudos
JeetzPatel
New Contributor II

I did in the end! I loosely followed what I mentioned and ended up populating GI info in S123 with URL parameters in Field Maps to populate yearly condition assessments which opens an S123 form that points to the first.

0 Kudos