Signature Images have background black box since Sept 2021 update

Jump to solution
09-24-2021 07:08 AM
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

Hi we were generating reports with a signature image at the bottom of the report and all of a sudden they started appearing with black boxes around them.  I assume this is due to a recent update.  I've looked at the attached images for the signature in the feature service and between September 20 and September 21, (2021), the signature images have changed.  Signatures from September 20th and earlier show the signature pen mark entirely filling the white area, signatures from September 21st and later show the signature pen mark filling a white area that is inside of a larger black background.  This looks bad in the report, can it be corrected?

I've attached some signature images of before and after the change.  We only use IOS devices so I do not know if the same thing happens with android.

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JamieKelly1,

Just letting you know that the Early Adopter Community (EAC) has just been updated with new 3.13 October Update RC builds. These builds include a fix for signature appearance images and resolve the issue of the image being cropped and a black background applied. If you have time, please take a look and test out your surveys with these new builds, and let us know any feedback in the EAC forums. We hope to get this update released and available in the app stores as soon as possible.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

I see that this has already been answered/replied to in another question.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-image-question-signature-appearan...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JamieKelly1,

Just letting you know that the Early Adopter Community (EAC) has just been updated with new 3.13 October Update RC builds. These builds include a fix for signature appearance images and resolve the issue of the image being cropped and a black background applied. If you have time, please take a look and test out your surveys with these new builds, and let us know any feedback in the EAC forums. We hope to get this update released and available in the app stores as soon as possible.

Regards,

Phil.