Setting geopoints using pulldata() in web form?

Jump to solution
06-10-2018 01:36 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to set the geopoint in a web form based on lat/lon from a csv file.  I've gotten everything to work just fine in the app but when I try and switch to the web form the geopoint question is not populated.

I know the web form can access the csv file because the lat/lons are getting pulled into text fields that work just.  Is it possible to do this in the web form?  On a side note, a default geopoint value I added appears in the app but not the web form.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ian,

Geopoint calculations should be working in the web app. 

Can you take a look at the 'Calculate Location from CSV' Sample in Survey123 Connect and ensure that the same syntax is being applied to your XLSForm for the calculation?  Specifically, ensure that the 'concat' function is being used as opposed to the '+' operator.

If you are applying the same syntax and you are still not seeing the expected behavior, please feel free to share the XLSForm and CSV used to create the survey.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ian,

Geopoint calculations should be working in the web app. 

Can you take a look at the 'Calculate Location from CSV' Sample in Survey123 Connect and ensure that the same syntax is being applied to your XLSForm for the calculation?  Specifically, ensure that the 'concat' function is being used as opposed to the '+' operator.

If you are applying the same syntax and you are still not seeing the expected behavior, please feel free to share the XLSForm and CSV used to create the survey.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Brandon.  Glad it was a simple fix.

The geopoint question is read only right now and I was wondering if there was a way to set the zoom level for the map in the web form?  

Edit: It was the detailed map settings zoom level, not preview map.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

0 Kudos