Setting columns within a group in Survey123 xlsform

Jump to solution
04-29-2022 11:51 AM
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all! I'm creating a survey in an xlsform (B) in Survey123 Connect, tablet portrait form factor. I have a group of questions where I want some questions to appear on a line by themselves, and others in 2 columns. I can accomplish this by putting the 2 column questions in their own nested group within the main group.

However, this slightly indents the 2 questions and more importantly, allows the nested group to be collapsed, which I don't want (C). Otherwise, whatever I try results in all questions appearing in two columns (A). Is it possible to accomplish this, and if so, how? Thanks.

(numbers indicate desired # of columns)

GregKeith1_0-1651257775674.png

B

GregKeith1_1-1651257841504.png

C

GregKeith1_2-1651258022284.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

Euh the last thing I can think of would be that you are using an older version of Survey123 Connect.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

The Contact Name and Contact Phone question should simply have the appearance column set to w1 not w1:1.

GregKeith

Thanks, but that doesn't fix it either. That puts both fields on their own line. I don't have anything in Settings>style or body::esri:style, if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

You must select either fixed-grid ou dynamic-grid in the style column of the settings sheet.

JeremieCote_0-1651520882213.pngJeremieCote_1-1651520896851.png

JeremieCote_2-1651520914115.png

0 Kudos
GregKeith

Thanks again, but that didn't fix it either. Whatever I do, I get either just one column for all questions in the group, or 2 columns for them all. The only workaround I've found is to put the two questions I want in one row into their own group, which isn't ideal.

Really appreciate your help though,

0 Kudos
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

Seems strange because it works on my end as you can see in the screenshot I shared. Would you be willing to share you xlsform file?

0 Kudos
GregKeith

Sure. Here you go, thanks.

0 Kudos
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

It should works now.

Works on my end.

JeremieCote_0-1651761551008.png

GregKeith

Thanks, still doesn't change on my end. 🤷‍:male_sign: 

I really appreciate the effort you've put in though.

0 Kudos
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

Euh the last thing I can think of would be that you are using an older version of Survey123 Connect.

Best of luck!

0 Kudos