Select to view content in your preferred language

Sequential numbering, auto populate date based on value of previous question, display & edit results

Jump to solution
07-11-2024 06:32 AM
LouiseHarris1
Regular Contributor

I am building a form for people to submit geospatial requests to our team and there are a few things I would like to achieve with this form but don't know how.

1. I would like to set up sequential numbering prefixed with GIS so each survey submitted gets a unique ID e.g GIS0001, GIS0002 and after the users submits their survey they get an automated email with this unique ID.

2. In the form is a status question and when this is changed to completed I would like the completed date to be auto populated.

3. I would like some advice on how best my team can view and edit the results. I have started looking into embedding the survey results into a dashboard but if there are other options I'd be keen to find out more. We would like to view the results as a table and for us to assign the requests, add comments, change the status and filter requests so each team member can see what has been assigned to them. We would also like to view stats for the surveys such as how many are assigned to each team member, how many per work area e.g analysis, data management, data sharing, Mobile GIS etc. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

1. You will want to read this: Creating 'Ticket Numbers' in Survey123 for ArcGIS

2. I assume the "completed date" field is blank until this time? Then just make it read_only=yes,  relevant=selected(${complete_yn},'yes'), default=now()

3. Lots of different ways to do this. Could use Power Automate and Power Apps to achieve this result.

View solution in original post

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For # 3 question

If you really want a table to view edits I would try out the new ArcGIS for Excel.  You can add the service directly with one tab per layer.  You can also fully edit the data right in Excel and it even has the domains as drop down boxes.  Works slick.

We also have used Experience builder with a table that is linked to the new style Forms with the Edit widget and/or the Survery123 widget.  Bit more setup here but you can really dial it in and have calculated fields and all of that.

Can also of course edit right in Pro but its bulky.  

The new map viewer just released editing in the web map attribute table a few weeks ago so you can look at that now too.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

1. You will want to read this: Creating 'Ticket Numbers' in Survey123 for ArcGIS

2. I assume the "completed date" field is blank until this time? Then just make it read_only=yes,  relevant=selected(${complete_yn},'yes'), default=now()

3. Lots of different ways to do this. Could use Power Automate and Power Apps to achieve this result.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For # 3 question

If you really want a table to view edits I would try out the new ArcGIS for Excel.  You can add the service directly with one tab per layer.  You can also fully edit the data right in Excel and it even has the domains as drop down boxes.  Works slick.

We also have used Experience builder with a table that is linked to the new style Forms with the Edit widget and/or the Survery123 widget.  Bit more setup here but you can really dial it in and have calculated fields and all of that.

Can also of course edit right in Pro but its bulky.  

The new map viewer just released editing in the web map attribute table a few weeks ago so you can look at that now too.

Hope that helps