Select to view content in your preferred language

Send Error "specified feature"

3 weeks ago
lmelendez_ADMIN
New Contributor II

Hello,

Just yesterday (06/26/24) we started having trouble with submitting surveys for our very basic, web designer built survey.  I know a Survey123 update happened yesterday so maybe no coincidence.  The survey is basic, no repeats, a couple of extracted calculations from a geopoint, and otherwise just basic dropdowns/texts questions.  I checked the basics (collabaration settings, product updates, etc.) and all seemed to be fine.  We have been using this survey for over a year now with about 12-15 people submitting to it with no issues.  I'm fairly certain someone went in and edited a dropdown question's choices (project number) but all seems fine there as well and not uncommon.  I've attached three photos as follows:

• image 5459 - photo from me recreating "an" issue at home ("an" because the error message is different then field users), I searched "specified feature could not be updated or does not exist" and did not find anything, also clarifying this error occurs after the initial error (image 5461) when trying to open the survey from the outbox
  • image 5460 - photo of field user error, notice the lack of "specified..." info, that list of info are just various choices from dropdowns and the aforementioned calculations (pulls Council Districts and Neighborhoods in Los Angeles), again clarifying this error occurs after the initial error (image 5461) when trying to open the survey from the outbox
  • image 5461 - photo of initial field user error from an original submission, no info provided

As noted 12-15 people use this same survey daily, most on iPhones but some Android, and no distinguishing factors I could think of other than them picking different choices, particularly in the field I know was recently updated (project number).

I'm at a loss so any direction would be welcome as this missing data will add up quickly.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mdibbinsSNO
New Contributor

We're also having the same send errors when submitting surveys since the Survey123 update. I also tried republishing the survey and checking the basics but that also didnt solve anything. We found our issue to be related to photos collected within the survey, once removed our users were able to submit again which isn't perfect but atleast we're collecting the data. Hopefully ESRI publishes a fix soon.

lmelendez_ADMIN
New Contributor II

we ended up doing the same thing for now, we also found that this seemed to be only iOS folks so we looked at the camera settings and chose to go from "high efficiency" to "most compatible" in the format section and that also seemed to help, but again it was not consistent across users (some were submitting with high efficiency with no issue) , hoping to get some feedback here or submit to tech support

ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @lmelendez_ADMIN @mdibbinsSNO

For the send error on iOS when uploading a photo from the iOS photo gallery we are aware of this issue and is logged as BUG-000168671. 

We have identified the cause of the issue and are investigating a solution, the workaround is indeed to change the iOS camera settings to "most compatible". 

Thank you,
Zach