Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect Access to the public form but with a validation code

3 weeks ago
BéatriceDUMETZ
New Contributor

Hey,

I created a form with survey123 connect on tag reports. My elected officials ask me to make it “all public” but with an access code upon access to the form.

However, I realize that with each new entry, the operator will have to enter this code before being able to continue with the following questions. Is there a way to put this code in memory (cache) for a period of time, which I will determine or not, and therefore auto-complete during this period of time this first question of the form and therefore go directly to the following questions, those of the field survey?

Today, questions concerning tags are only displayed if the code is entered via the "Relevant" function

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Public is public. Any "code" in the form could be viewed by unauthorized users by simply inspecting the XLSX.

A better method would be to have an "access code" field, have users enter a value (e.g., employee ID), and let anyone submit. Then, on the back end, use automations to filter out unauthorized forms and delete them from the Feature Layer. That way the "authentication" is done "off-site", so there is not way for unauthorized users activate processes they shouldn't... Kind of. Again, security is a tricky thing. Even at the best of times, nothing is 100% secure. But at least this way you make it unreasonable for the honest and lazy.

If you don't want the public to even see the form... well, bad news. You need accounts.

0 Kudos