Select_one field does not appear in form view in data tab or in feature report when text field becomes relevant

07-14-2020 04:42 PM
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

I noticed while creating a feature report that some select_one fields did not show when an additional field became relevant. When I viewed the record in the data tab, the record in the data table is correct, but in the form view side panel the two of the fields do not show - both are a select_ones where if the user chooses "other" a text field labeled "describe" becomes relevant. Not only does the record not show appropriately in the form view, but, more importantly, it also isn't correct in the feature report.

I tried rewriting the two lines in my xls form from scratch and republishing, but that did not fix the issue. I also rewrote the the choice lists for the select_ones. The syntax in the feature report also appears to be correct.

I attached a photo below showing the problem in the data tab. The red circles contrast the data table and form view panel with the issue. The green circle shows fields with the same syntax/schema not displaying the problem. I also attached a snapshot of my feature report - again with the green and red circles. Samples of my xls form and feature report are attached too.

Thanks for any insight,

RyanE

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

I figured this out.....it didn't like having a name in the choice list be "other." When I changed the names in the choice list to be "othersurface" and "otherequip" everything worked as expected. The problem didn't occur if there was an additional expression in the relevant column as well - ie. selected(${example},'other') or selected(${example},'na').

0 Kudos