Select one answer being wiped when re-opened from inbox

12-10-2019 09:39 PM
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

The survey has a State field followed by City field, but when the survey is re-opened from Inbox the City field is blank and I need to re-select before saving and sending. 

These two fields are the only required fields and to try avoid this I added 'query' to the bind::esri:parameters column but it did not fix it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

Are you able to share your xlsx file for this survey so we can take a closer look? Are the fields in question inside a repeat, and do they have any defaults, calculations, relevant statements or other configurations in the xlsx form?

Phil.

0 Kudos
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

xlsx with media csv attached (the State and City fields are actually; region and community).
The field is not inside a repeat, both fields I mentioned are required but only the secondary field is wiped, no calculations, no relevant statements, the second field has a choice filter based on the option selected for the primary field to only show Cities/communities found in the state/region selected.

Cheers

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi James,

I took a look at your xlsx file and published a new survey to AGO with your xlsx and the media csv file. I am unable to reproduce the problem you reported. When I complete a new survey, fill in all fields, open a completed survey via the Inbox, I see the Region and Community fields completed with the previously selected answer. They are both working as expected.

What version of Survey123 Connect and field app are you using? Also are you using AGO or Portal (version)? And on what devices and OS version?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Philip

Thanks for responding, not sure why it wasn't working yesterday when I made the post. Got in this morning and it is now working.

Much appreciated