Select multiple based on previous select multiple

Jump to solution
03-29-2023 11:05 AM
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

I would like to base a select_multiple based of a previous select_multiple. When I make selections in my first select_multiple, the second select_multiple must be updated with what is selected in my first select_multiple. 

I am using ArcGIS Survey123 Connect.

Example 1:

julian_svcs_0-1680112933461.png

Example 2:

julian_svcs_1-1680113026812.png

Thanks for any help on this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @julian_svcs

Placing ${select_some_options} in the calculation column of the select_from_list question I would expect to work. I've uploaded the XLSForm I used as a sample, is this what you are looking to do? 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @julian_svcs

select_multiple stores it's values as a comma separated list so what you can do is place ${select_some_options} in the calculate column for the Select options selected above question and because it will receive the list from the previous question those same choices will be selected in the second list. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply @ZacharySutherby . I am glad to hear this is possible.

I am not quite sure where I must put what. I am pretty sure I am missing something somewhere.

This is my survey tab:

julian_svcs_0-1680132368812.png

This is my choices tab:

julian_svcs_1-1680132408788.png

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @julian_svcs

Placing ${select_some_options} in the calculation column of the select_from_list question I would expect to work. I've uploaded the XLSForm I used as a sample, is this what you are looking to do? 

Thank you,
Zach
julian_svcs
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much @ZacharySutherby. I followed your logic in the XLSForm and I have got it working.

0 Kudos