Republishing error

Jump to solution
06-07-2022 09:32 AM
LieslDe_Swardt1
New Contributor III

LieslDe_Swardt1_0-1654618486307.png

Please help, I created this survey, I am getting an error when I try to republish after updating the choices lists, I have repeats in the survey and also inserted a text field to delete the test surveys, then deleted it, I am not sure if that is what is causing the app to misbehave.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Liesl

The issue is that you added repeats to the survey and the existing Feature Service doesn't have repeats.

This causes a schema change (addition of related tables) and Connect needs to delete and create a new Feature Service.

If you have existing data in the feature service then it should be easy to just export it to FGDB, publish the survey with the schema changes and append the data back into the main table of the new Feature Service.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like you changed the name of the repeat table.  The Name column on the begin repeat line controls this.  Just change it back.

0 Kudos
LieslDe_Swardt1
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply, I actually didn't change the column name of the repeat table, initially I didn't have the repeats and then I needed to update because the "Other" questions needed to be repeats, managed to publish but encountered problem when submitting the survey, it took forever to send. that when I created a  new survey from the previous spreadsheet. I have attached both spreadsheets for the survey.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

OK i see now it is just giving you a warning (not an error) that you changed the schema so much it has to wipe it and repub losing any collected data.  If you had none you can just overwrite and no biggie.  If you want to save existing data its get complicated.

Hopefully you can just overwrite.

DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Liesl

The issue is that you added repeats to the survey and the existing Feature Service doesn't have repeats.

This causes a schema change (addition of related tables) and Connect needs to delete and create a new Feature Service.

If you have existing data in the feature service then it should be easy to just export it to FGDB, publish the survey with the schema changes and append the data back into the main table of the new Feature Service.

Hope that helps

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

did you update the Domain as well and republish

LieslDe_Swardt1
New Contributor III

Thank you, for the response. I am a newbie in survey 123. Domain?

0 Kudos