Select to view content in your preferred language

Report Template Parsing Error for Certain Lines in XLS Form

Jump to solution
12-22-2023 03:50 PM
acanali
New Contributor

I am experiencing a parsing error while loading a report template for particular lines from my XLS form. Everything else loads fine, including previous and subsequent repeats, and other items within the group. I have tried everything and I keep running into the same parsing error. Seems trivial, but I may be overlooking something.

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${samplecollected_yesno | checked:"yes"} since samplecollected_yesno cannot be found in the current parsing scope.

Lines returning an error in XLS form outlined: 

acanali_1-1703287474337.png

XLS form and report template:

ReportTemplate_S123_GWForm_ReportTemplate_20231222.jpgXLSForm_Purging_Sampling_20231018.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Start with ${#samples2}. It looks to be a repeat. You can’t have a repeat in the middle of a row like that. Needs to be first. EDIT: and in case it wasn’t implied, the repeat also needs to be the last thing in a row. 

once you start reformatting that row, you will either fix your problem, or create a new one (not a bad thing - just means start there and see where you end up). 

Since you are working on gw, have you done bh yet? I ask because that’s my 2024 goal lol. More precisely, generating XML for importing into Strata. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Start with ${#samples2}. It looks to be a repeat. You can’t have a repeat in the middle of a row like that. Needs to be first. EDIT: and in case it wasn’t implied, the repeat also needs to be the last thing in a row. 

once you start reformatting that row, you will either fix your problem, or create a new one (not a bad thing - just means start there and see where you end up). 

Since you are working on gw, have you done bh yet? I ask because that’s my 2024 goal lol. More precisely, generating XML for importing into Strata. 

0 Kudos
acanali
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I ended up reformatting those lines as groups instead of repeats and that seemed to do the trick. In hindsight, I should have considered the effect of nested repeats. Good catch.

A workflow for boreholes logs is also on my list for 2024. I suspect it will be iterative and frustrating. I have seen examples in past using other electronic data collection platforms, so maybe there is hope!

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

"I suspect it will be iterative and frustrating." I suspect truer words have never been spoken lol. This will be an interesting project for sure. Best of luck!

0 Kudos