Report template error: The end tag ${/} is unopened.

09-07-2022 06:51 AM
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

Why does report syntax have to be so difficult!? I just know this is going to be a silly solution!

I am creating a report for inspections done in Survey123 and I keep receiving this error every time I try and upload my template:

KristinThorpe1_0-1662558367068.png

My template includes a summary section followed by individual records. To try and isolate the problem, I copied each section into a new word document and tried to upload just the summary section as a template, and just the individual section as a template. Guess what... they both worked on their own! So I'm not sure why they aren't working together in one document.

I am attaching my report template. Any help is appreciated! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NR-MaryTaylorGreenupGISS
New Contributor

Hi Kristin, We ran into the same error recently and the 10/31/22 Survey 123 browser upgrade appeared to resolve our issue. Not sure if you've tried running this report again since Halloween, but am curious to see if that was the fix for you too. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ToddHelt
New Contributor III

Hi, I am encountering same issues you and when you and Kristin reported with the mysterious "end tag ${/} is unopened" error message. Can you tell m more about the 10/31/22 Survey123 browser upgrade you mentioned that appeared to resolve the issue for you?

Thanks!

Todd

0 Kudos
SeanNagy1
New Contributor III

I am having this same issue. Have you managed to find a solution?

0 Kudos
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

@SeanNagy1 - As dumb as it sounds, I believe I just copied the Summary section and the individual records section and pasted them into a Word document. For some reason I believe that fixed it.

0 Kudos