Select to view content in your preferred language

Repeat when relevant only shows plus sign

04-08-2020 07:15 AM
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

By default a repeat will display one blank record to be completed by the user with the ability to add and delete records:

I would like to make the repeat relevant to a type (either conditional or final), if it is conditional, the repeat is relevant, if it is final, the repeat is not relevant.

When I add the relevancy, the repeat doesn't display a blank record, just a plus sign. 

This behavior is not consistent with the default behavior.  If the repeat is relevant, then one would expect the user to be entering some information so I would like to show the first blank record, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Is there any way to get the behavior I want?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Doug. This is to confirm that minimal appearance on a repeat will initialize the repeat with 0 records.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

After testing it does still work for repeats.  But is does not work for nested repeats if the outer is not minimal. 

To clarify

Single repeat - minimal works

Nested repeat - set outer to nothing and inner to minimal and it does not work (starts with one)

Nested repeat - set outer to minimal and nested to minimal does work

Nested repeat - set outer to minimal and nested to nothing does work correctly (starts with one) 

Is this a bug then?  This may explain what the poster is seeing.  

I could use it since I have having lots of issues with nested repeats using a repeat count.  Also seeing issues in nested repeats without a repeat count not going back to 1 when advancing the outer repeat.  I have send samples to Phil on these.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChaseN0rr1s
New Contributor

Has this been figured out? I would like for a group of repeated fields that show up if relevant (if yes is selected) to start with an blank iteration rather than just a plus sign.

ChaseN0rr1s_0-1640894966445.png

Not this but

ChaseN0rr1s_1-1640894986615.png

this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos