Select to view content in your preferred language

Remember last entry option in Survey123

Jump to solution
12-15-2022 11:18 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am new to Survey123 and was wondering if its possible to have an option to "Remember Last Answer" or just to pre-populate a field with the answer of a previous survey. In my example, people will completing an inspection multiple times and thus entering their name over and over again can be rather tedious. I am looking for a solution that can allow the form to either remember the previous answer to this one question or how to populate the field with the answer from the previous survey. They will also need the ability to cancel the default and enter a new name if the default does not match. 

pulldata("@property", 'userFullName') will not work because the signed in user account is a general account that many staff have access too. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have been trying to get this option for a few years but no luck so far.  You can get the values to show in a different field but not the same.  Did get it working in javascript but its more advanced.

See here  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/quot-same-as-last-quot-option-for-repeat-record...

hope that helps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You should be able to use the "Favorite Answers" feature for this. 🙂

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Katherine, 

Thanks for your reply, I thought of this too. I may still go this route but I would have to properly train the staff to remember to clear and then re add favorites. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have been trying to get this option for a few years but no luck so far.  You can get the values to show in a different field but not the same.  Did get it working in javascript but its more advanced.

See here  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/quot-same-as-last-quot-option-for-repeat-record...

hope that helps

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Doug, 

I have seen your previous posts on this same issue... I hoped there may have been a solution by now but nothing yet. 

Anyways I think I am going to try to implement your solution. Just one question.. for the pulldata calculation.. does this calculation go in line with the select_one type or the repeat type?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure which option you mean but the javascript pull is into a field.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That clarifies it. 

In this post https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/prepopulate-answers-in-a-repeat-with-last-v...

you refer to "current repeat number here". is that repeat number just how many times you want the answer repeated or the number in my list of answers that I wanted repeated?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is which repeat you are grabbing from.  Usually it is position() - 1 to get the "last one".  The code is in the post.

0 Kudos