Relevant question based on # of repeats

04-01-2019 11:26 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

I made a survey in survey123 connect version 3.3.51. The survey is getting information for family members where each family member has a repeated set of questions, and I want to ask everyone except the first person their relationship to the first person. I did this in row 23 and 24 in the attached excel sheet. The logic is not working when I use the form online. The logic does work in survey123 connect preview, and in survey123 for arcgis app. Any ideas of a workaround or another way to make this happen?

select_one relationshiprelationship<b>How are you related to Person 1?</b>Skip for Person 1count(${initials})>1
textrelationship_otherPlease specifyyes${relationship} = 'Other'
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

Given the differences in how repeats in the webform differ from the field app (in the webform, all repeats are displayed, while in the app only one is displayed at a time), I would expect the behavior you are describing; in addition, if the user were to page back to the first repeat with your formula, they would have the same experience.  I would use the once() function to make sure the formula only runs when the repeat is created: once(count(${initials})) - this should 'freeze' the values.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wonderful, thank you James!

0 Kudos