Reducing survey size vertically

Jump to solution
02-04-2021 12:20 PM
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm aware of tips like using groups and pages to help with survey form navigation.  But I'd like to know if there's any way to reduce the vertical real-estate taken by XLSForm questions.  I can reduce the size of the labels which helps a little.  But I'm not aware of anyway to reduce the vertical size of the input boxes to questions.  Am I missing something or is this just a constraint of using XLSForms? 

Thx, bks

see attached examples of how label text is much smaller but input boxes, input text choices, and the area between questions remains the same.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

The only way to change the vertical size would be set the style to theme-grid and specify the w number for the width.

Please check this online doc topic for reference.

Shwu-jingJeng_0-1612909318107.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

The only way to change the vertical size would be set the style to theme-grid and specify the w number for the width.

Please check this online doc topic for reference.

Shwu-jingJeng_0-1612909318107.png

BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shwu-jingJeng, 

Theme grid does help to a certain degree.  Thanks for pointing out.  

But how do you indicate the "width" appearance.  On my groups I have the appearance set to "compact" so they all start up as collapsed.  Is there a way to have multiple appearances for a group?  I do not understand the format or location for where you specify the width (e.g. w3)?

Thanks, bks

0 Kudos
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

Actually I answered my own questions.  If I put "compact w3" that recognizes both even though Excel complains that it's not a valid appearance value.  Thanks again for that suggestion.

bks

0 Kudos