readonly text fields not written to schema

09-21-2017 04:15 AM
JeffPuuri1
New Contributor II

I have several fields of type text on my form.  I have noticed that when I set readonly to yes, these fields are not published to the schema.  Is this by design?  The reason I am doing this is to establish some fields in the schema that will store comments data that are populated in another application besides Survey123 such as an ArcGIS Online web map.  On this form I also have Inbox enabled.  Therefore I initially capture the survey (readonly text fields are blank) and submit.  Another user with an AGOL web map or a web app built from the web map reviews the collected survey data and provides a comment in the text field (it wouldn't be readonly for them).  Then the Survey123 user can refresh their Inbox to see the comments made in the external app, but can't change those comments because they are in a readonly field.  Is their another approach to this workflow I should be taking?  What is the harm to publish a readonly text field to the schema?  Thanks

2 Replies
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

Your workflow is my end goal although slight different using Portal and not AGOL. I wonder if you are using an existing feature layer or created your schema from Survey123? I think using an existing feature layer to build your Survey may help. I've tested a feature layer but have not gotten as far as combining the two workflows (Survey123 and AGOL web  map) yet.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

This is a known issue for the Survey123 field app.  I've added you to the users affected list for it.