Issues with Custom Print

09-20-2017 12:34 PM
BrianElliott1
New Contributor II

I am not able to utilize the Custom Print report option within Survey123 website. I was able to upload a template a week ago, but now I cannot upload a template either. I have never been able to actually print a report. The site just "hangs" when I click on the print icon. I see where other people are utilizing the custom print option, so it is something on my end but I cannot figure out what the problem is. Anybody else have similar issue?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

Can you provide more detail on what has not worked with the Print functionality?  Did you get any specific error messages?

0 Kudos
BrianElliott1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Unfortunately, I can't provide much more in detail. I do not get any error message. Just a spinning arrow icon after I click on the printer icon. Also, for some odd reason, I can only upload a .docx from a laptop that I work on. I cannot upload a .docx from my desktop computer. Really odd and frustrating....

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, I can understand that it would be.  Which browsers are you using on the laptop and desktop? If you have an IT group manage the computers, are they likely to have any settings applied to prevent things like document upload (dies document upload work with other websites)?

0 Kudos
BrianElliott1
New Contributor II

I am using Chrome on both computers. Will have to check about the document upload. I"ve never had a problem before with uploading documents to other websites though.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, I thought that might be the case on file upload, but I know of some workplaces that do lock down those activities. Do both computers have the same plugins for Chrome installed (if installed)?  We have seen other situations where the website functionality was interfered with because of them.

0 Kudos
BrianElliott1
New Contributor II

There are a few extra plugins on my desktop that are not present on the laptop. I disabled them on my desktop by still cannot upload. 

0 Kudos
BrianElliott1
New Contributor II

It seems to be a problem with the fact I don't have Microsoft word on my work computer. I logged into survey123 from home and I can print the report. I use openoffice at work. I was saving my template file as a .docx but apparently that is not good enough for survey123. I was able to design my survey's using openoffice calc and saving as .xlsx. The survey123 app was ok with that. But the website somehow "knows" that I don't have microsoft word on my work computer and therefore will not allow me to print. This is a huge draw back....

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the additional information.  It sounds like a difference in how OpenOffice saves a docx file and our docx library processes it.  I'll try to create some equivalent docx files and see if I can replicate this.

Just to check, are you using Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice?

0 Kudos
BrianElliott1
New Contributor II

I am using Apache OpenOffice 4

0 Kudos