Select to view content in your preferred language

Rank Question Not Appearing Properly in Field App

Jump to solution
07-02-2024 06:56 AM
TylerComte
New Contributor

Hello Community,

I want the user to be able to select multiple choices in one question (using select_multiple, works fine), and then on the following question rank their selected choices. I'm doing this by using the selected(${},) function in the choice_filter tab connected to the rank question. It works just fine on the browser version of survey123 connect, I'm able to select options in one question, and then the rank question populates with my selections and I can rank them.

However, this is not working in the field app. for the rank question, all that is displayed is "rank" in a font and size not comparable to the other questions, and nothing populates or changes when I select the choices from the previous questions. I have attached screenshots of the xlsx files, and the connect and field app views. 

The manifested problem is the last picture of the field app.

Rank_problem_excel_formulas.pngRank_Problem_choices.pngRank_problem_connect_view.pngRank_problem_field_app.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is your Connect and Field App up to date? This should work fine. I tried in both the Desktop and Mobile (iOS) Field Apps, and had no issues. I also tried the website version "just because", and it worked as well.

abureaux_0-1719934434872.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is your Connect and Field App up to date? This should work fine. I tried in both the Desktop and Mobile (iOS) Field Apps, and had no issues. I also tried the website version "just because", and it worked as well.

abureaux_0-1719934434872.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

As an addendum... If you'd like, you can attach your XLSX Form and I can try directly with that.

0 Kudos
TylerComte
New Contributor

I appreciate your response! That solved it, my field app was very out of date. Thanks again.

0 Kudos