Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect hangs when publishing on "Adding Fields to Survey"

Jump to solution
08-31-2023 02:27 PM
KalliHarshman
New Contributor

I attempted to add an 'Other' choice to two of my select_one questions in an existing Survey123, and while publishing, it continues to get hung on "Adding fields to survey: 2".

Any advice helps. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylerGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Run the Analyze tool in the Publish window before you actually publish the survey and see what, if any, issues it finds. My guess is you might be missing a label or have mismatched groups/repeats.  Also you'll might need to go into AGOL and delete the Survey folder if you're creating the feature service and form using Connect. When I've had a survey publishing hang, it creates some of the files, but when you try to publish again it fails until you remove the partially complete folder. 

Are you using the "select_one <list_name> or_other" type or do you have "other" in a choice list?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TylerGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Run the Analyze tool in the Publish window before you actually publish the survey and see what, if any, issues it finds. My guess is you might be missing a label or have mismatched groups/repeats.  Also you'll might need to go into AGOL and delete the Survey folder if you're creating the feature service and form using Connect. When I've had a survey publishing hang, it creates some of the files, but when you try to publish again it fails until you remove the partially complete folder. 

Are you using the "select_one <list_name> or_other" type or do you have "other" in a choice list?

0 Kudos