query allowUpdates

Jump to solution
03-24-2019 11:23 AM
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

When I send the survey, I can see the attribute values in the main and related classes for the feature service.  In fact I can edit attributes from the main survey and the related records in an Arcgis Online web map.  However, when I refresh the Inbox in Survey123, I see the edit changes to attribute values in the main survey, but the repeats block is essentially empty as it is ready for data entry into the 1st record, even though the underlying feature service has more than one related record.  In the bind::esri:parameters column on the begin repeat row I have tried it with query allowUpdates but it didnt work.

My main concern that it is working well for records in 2018 and not working for new records in 2019. I attached my excel sheet.

Best,

Oussama

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In case anyone else comes across this forum, I had the exact issue (only some related records populating) and solved it after looking at Ismail's comment in this thread: Solved: Help! Inbox Not Returning Repeats - Esri Community. Basically, changing the MaxRecordCount in the layer definition to a higher record count solved it.  Technical article on how to do that is here: How To: Update the maximum record count for feature services in ArcGIS Online (esri.com)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

I have had a quick look at your xlsx form, and looks correct they way you are using query in the parameters column, so the repeat records should be displayed in the app.

What version of Survey123 Connect and App are you using? Also, what are the settings on the Inbox page in the Connect, do you have any where clause queries or spatial queries set up?

Is it both repeats that do not load any repeat records, of just one of them?

How was the feature service created, via Connect or was it existing? Have you made any changes to the feature service, or feature layers/tables after creating them, such as the sharing permissions or edit/query capabilities?

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

I am using Survey 123 version 3.2.196 and Survey123 app version 3.2.265 . Actually I don’t have any clause query. Only the repeat regarding Perimeter. I created the feature through connect and I didn’t make any changes.

Note that I have three repeats in the excel sheet:

1. Perimeter

2. Devices

3. Hazard informants

Hazard informants is working good, while the other two features are not working. Note that perimeter and devices has geopoint function.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

I tested your survey and the repeats, by publishing your survey xlsx form from Connect, which created a new feature service with the required related layers/table by default using default schema and relationships. I enabled the Inbox with no queries and used the same parameters you had in your xlsx file.

When I submit new survey records via the field app, with several repeat records for each related table, when i open them via the Inbox I can see all the existing records in the repeats. I can also see the same data in the tables in AGO and Survey123 website. It would appear the survey and Connect/App is working as expected.

Have you made any changes to the schema or relationships of the feature service, or related layers via AGO or Pro, or changed sharing permissions or capabilities?

Can you try publish the same survey xlsx to a new survey and feature service, and see if that works?

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

Actually I didn’t. the main issue is that some records can be seen and others are not. I know that it is working well but why some records can be seen and others are not. I can provide you with any needed information or access to solve this problem.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

I tried to enter new record to my survey123 form. Actually I have three repeats as I said before. I have the problem in the perimeter repeat. I noticed that you can see all the records in the perimeter repeat from sent items and I cant see them through inbox. Any suggestions please. Also I can see it through the website.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

I believe the problem could be related to the ${ridrelation} field. There is a calculation on this field referencing a value from outside the repeat. We have some known issues with repeats in 3.3 related to similar behaviour when questions inside a repeat reference a question in parent layer. Can you try removing this calculation or this field altogether and see if it works to display the repeat records when opened from Inbox.

Have you tested with the 3.2 version of the app? Does the problem only occur with 3.3?

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

No it didn’t work and still doesn’t show new added records to the reports. As I explained before some records can be seen and others are not.

Best,

Oussama

GeoNet <https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: query allowUpdates

reply from Philip Wilson<https://community.esri.com/people/Philip.Wilson-esristaff?et=watches.email.thread> in Survey123 for ArcGIS - View the full discussion<https://community.esri.com/message/842317-re-query-allowupdates?commentID=842317&et=watches.email.thread#comment-842317>

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

See the comments here by James, this could be part of the problem as to why you are not seeing all the records, do some of them have null values and those are part of the query: https://community.esri.com/message/844701-re-query-allowupdates-not-working?commentID=844701&et=watc... 

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

This is what james wrote :

Can I ask that you try the query at the parent layer's 'Query Related records' entry? I'm finding that if the query field is NULL, the feature is omitted from the query. For example, this screenshot should have returned 16 records, but 14 of them have null for the field weather:

I don’t know my query field. Is this what is in the inbox query expression. If this is the case I don’t have any query.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos